Saturday, December 10, 2016

Happy Holidaze!

Happy Holidaze!

It's that time of year again and this year seems to be so much more stressful.  With the election season and all the ugliness that brought out in our friends and loved ones, followed by Thanksgiving, houseguests, people coming to work sick, and the beginning of the "bad weather" season for us here in Southern Oregon, I've been a bit more stressed than normal.  This time of year also brings with it some extra expenses. Who was the genius that decided that property taxes should be due right before Christmas?  Harrumph.  I am behind in my Christmas preparations and feeling like I need to rest more.  Having that "to do" list on the counter helps me remember things when my "Lupus fog" kicks in, but it is also another stress producing thing in my life. 

On the home front, we've had some bad news.  The gigantic large leaf Maple that shades the corner of our home is deceased and is a risk to our house.  The tree removal people are here now and I can hear the chainsaws.  I've been going out every hour or two to see the progress and it's kind of heartbreaking.  Another stressor and another expense.  I'm sad to looks our "Grandmother Tree" but I also know it has to be done. One of the first large branches they have removed was so decayed that it had been full of water, the removal guy said he estimated that one branch weighed more than 1600 lbs, which is more than my Toyota Prius.  It was so very heavy and it was hanging over our bedroom.  I can hear the limbs hit the ground from inside the house. It has to be done. It's also a stressful situation and I'm saddened as well.

With all of these things happening my health has taken a small hit.  I missed half day of work last week and went home with Lupus symptoms, and a migraine with nausea. I could have used that half day to get some of my "to do" list accomplished but instead I had to rest.  I napped for the afternoon and kicked the migraine, but I still felt weak and funky.  

I still love Christmas and the holidays and all that they bring.  I have to say that most years I would have taken care of the lion's share of the Christmas shopping, cooking, decorating, cards, etc., which was fine, I loved it all. However, Lupus changes things.  The last few years my Dear Husband had really stepped up to help with the things that I love about Christmas but have a hard time addressing by myself these days.  He's a good guy. 

All in all, I'm still doing well and am thankful. Perhaps we will pick out a new tree to plant   in place of our lost "Grandmother Tree".   

So, to all my loved ones, if you get your Christmas card or gift in February, please know I still love you and think of you all often, I'm just running a bit late.

Happy Holidaze!








No comments: