Saturday, June 4, 2016

Garden!!!


It's a beautiful June morning and I've been planting our garden. Planted several different kinds of tomatoes and some Walla Walla onions. I'll be trying to ad a few other things like peppers and zucchini later this weekend. It feels so good to be out in the garden again, getting my hands dirty and growing new things. It's been a few years since we've been able to plant a big garden and I've missed it.  I'm so pleased to be well enough to participate in the summer vegetable garden again.  I'be had to do things a bit differently this time around as being outdoors in the sun and or heat is dangerous for me. So I was out in the garden before 8:00am this morning with my sunscreen, long sleeves and big floppy hat. Our garden space is still in the shade at that time of morning and I had a good two hours before Senior Sol appeared and drove me indoors. I got a lot accomplished and it just felt good. 

Managing my activities has been a weird balancing act these days. I'm currently working full time as I cover for a co-worker who is out on medical leave and I am considering this a test run to see how I could potentially handle a full time job in the future. I'm finding that after working all week, the weekends have to be rationed as to not over fatigue myself. Last weekend we spent at the coast at a car show, where I kept to the shade, watched my diet, slathered myself in sunscreen and sun protective clothing. However, this weekend I'll be taking it easy and charging my batteries. I missed an event this morning but with the heat and sun, I would have gotten into trouble if I had not taken the day to rest up.

I'm in talks with my boss and we are both hopeful that I'll be able to work 4 full time days per week, which will make me a benefited employee.  It would be good to get my health insurance back and begin funding my retirement again.  The future looks pretty blooming good.

No comments: